WELCOME 5TH GRADE PARENTS & STUDENTS!
Our 5th Grade theme for the 2017-18, chosen by the students, is: We're the Ones That Started it All
The purpose of the 5th Grade Committee (5GC) is to celebrate a milestone in the life of your children; the final year of elementary school. We do this by…
- Organizing social activities/events to build a sense of camaraderie and community among all 5th grade classes at KME.
- Embracing the “We Are Kelly Mill” school theme, and the "We are Family" mantra through service projects, community input, and helping in and around the school.
- Hosting a blowout celebration and ceremony the last two days of school.
- Fundraising. (one of those necessary evils) The 5GC does fundraising throughout the school year to help cover the cost of the events we put on for our students. We'd love to have as many 5th grade parent volunteers to help us with these fundraising events, if possible.
** Important Dates**
- Friday, July 28th - Back to School Bash at KME - $15/person covers unlimited slides on two double watersides and a cup of Repicci's Italian Ice.
- Friday, October 13th - 5th Grade Breakfast at KME - The 5th Grade Committee is hosting a breakfast for our fifth grade students and teachers! The breakfast will be held on Friday, October 13th during school hours (make sure your children eat something at home before school because they won't eat until about 8:30am). Please sign up if you can help contribute food or beverages for this social event. All items must be store bought and have ingredient labels. Please drop off food by 8am in the Cafe. Please help us by volunteering and/or donations through our signup here. For questions regarding this event, please contact Amy Cooley.
- Halloween Spirit Sticks Sale - The 5th Grade Committee is selling Halloween spirit sticks to help cover costs for their year-end events. Cost is $1 each or 6 for $5. Order forms are due no later then October 27th and will be distributed October 30th and 31st to classrooms. For any questions regarding spirit stick sales, please contact Sandy Dickerhofe. Orders can be placed via the PTO website www.kmepto.org or you can click here to print the form, fill it out and send it into school with cash or a check.
- Friday, November 10th - Veterans Day Celebration - Our annual Veterans Day Celebration will take place on Friday, November 10 from 7:15 – 8:15 a.m. All Colts are welcome to invite their favorite veteran or active military/reservist family member to join us for breakfast and a special celebration in their honor.
Monday, December 4 - Friday, December 8, 2017 - Holiday Market - The Holiday Market will come to KME during the first week of December to allow students the opportunity to shop for their parents, grandparents, siblings, etc. all on their own! Whimsy Daisy will be there with plenty of great gift items on hand for students to choose from.
This year, we will also have the holiday market open during the Variety Show on Thursday, December 7th if parents would like to shop with their children, or monitor their shopping directly.
Monday, January 8th - Fifth Grade Parents, don't forget to order your yearbook Ad space to support and congratulate your 5th Grader. You can purchase a 1/8 yearbook Ad space for $25. For more information, please click here.
- Thursday, May 24th, 2017 - End of Year Celebration at KME - 5th grade students will enjoy a day of fun, friendship and a yummy catered lunch. The fun will include music, pictures, Kona Ice and inflatable rides.
- Friday, May 25th, 2017 - End of Year Ceremony at West Forsyth High School - The student graduation ceremony will take place at West Forsyth High School's auditorium. Students will be bused to and from WFHS for the ceremony. At the conclusion of the ceremony, students will return to KME for a great lunch, time to sign yearbooks one last time, visit with friends, and then walk the halls of Kelly Mill one last time!
** PLEASE NOTE ** Events will be added and updated as more information becomes available.
If you have any questions, or would like to help out on any specific event, please email the 5th Grade Co-Chairs, Pretta Mehta and Beth Becker at firstname.lastname@example.org